Five Fav Things Friday 12.1.17
Well hello there December! I'm just starting to get into the holiday spirit here in Brooklyn. I can't believe that Thanksgiving was already over a week ago! What!? I'm bringing back my Five Fav Thing Fridays so here are my five favorite things I've been obssessed with this past week!
1. This candle from my grocery store is the closest thing to Christmas decorating I've done yet this holiday season. It smells like a clean pine forest with a hint of sweetness from the bayberry in it. Plus it's made from soy and essential oils so there's less toxins burning in the air than my usual giant Bath and Body Works 3 wick candle I get every year. At least it's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas ;)
2. Along with the cold weather comes the onslaught of sinus infections for me every year. In 2 months, I've had 2. That's insane. This Yoga with Adrienne video gave me some relief and got my mind off the stuffy nose for a bit. It's just the right amount of stretching and relaxation. Seriously - the most difficult pose in this video is 1 downward dog and it's totally optional. I recommend having peppermint oil or even Vicks VapoRub around you when do this video. Just follow along when she tells you what to do with it - feels so comforting.
3. I know it's another video for this list, but hear me out -the other cold/sinus infection game changer for me the past week has been this DIY sinus rinse by the dude who brought us Bullet Proof Coffee. I was slightly skeptical at first, but I knew my neti pot was currently not cutting it. It seems a bit extreme at first, but I can vouch for its effectiveness. The only thing I did differently was that I left out the xylitol which I couldn't find locally. I added the colloidal silver he also recommends instead. I've been doing this rinse 3 times a day and am pretty sure it shortened the span of my 2nd sinus infection!
4. It by Stephen King. I'm finally reading my first King novel and I've gone in whole hog! It's been perfect timing to start it too since I've been under the weather. I mentioned to a family member over Thanksgiving how I wanted to see the new It movie and he recommended reading the book first. He just happened to have a copy at the house to let me take home and dive into. I haven't seen the original movie in quite some time, but this is already way more terrifying!
5. I've been really trying to cut back on the coffee lately because I have a feeling that the high amounts of caffeine were only hindering my immune system. I will openly admit however, that caffeine is my favorite ( legal) drug and I'm not ready to quit entirely. Instead, I've been exploring every brand and type of tea I can get my hands on. I've talked about my love of Harney & Sons Teas before but this Chocolate Mint Tea is now my fav. I like it better than hot chocolate. I highly recommend adding milk or even coconut milk - yum! Also the tins are great for storage or even packaging for holiday gifts!
As I write this, I just realized that the candle and tea would make awesome stocking stuffers...hmmm ;) This weekend I plan on mostly tuckering down and doing lots of reading and writing to get some more rest. No more holiday festivities quite yet. What about you? Anything you're currently obsessed with? In the holiday spirit yet?