Five Fav Things Friday 7/31/15
How is it already the end of July??? This week flew by for me, mostly because I had the nastiest summer cold. Fever and chills when it's 90 degrees outside = the worst. Here are a few things that got me through the dog days of summer this week.
1. I geeked out when I saw that Staples had $3 colored pencils yesterday, so I bought a pack to feel like I was going back to school (actually I was on my way back to my temp job but I can pretend right?) I printed out some coloring pages from Pinterest and had some fun. Coloring, blasting music, and a few cocktails in front of the AC is surprisingly relaxing!
2. Speaking of cocktails, my new favorite is called the Crimson Derby at the Bar Below Rye Bar in Williamsburg. Boubon, lemon, mint, grenadine, and orange citrate is sooooo refreshing. On Wednesdays they also have a jazz night where they feature some of the best Brooklyn musicians for FREE.
3. I know those of you that know me well will think I'm about to say "ADD VODKA TO IT!" but actually, just slice one of these up and eat it. AHHHH, one of the best simple pleasures of summer. (But if you do want to add vodka to it, I found this on Pinterest and you even can make watermelon ice cubes too!)
4. When I was young, my Grandma signed me up for the library's summer reading program every year. I have fond memories of reading tons of books, which I loved to do, and also getting prizes every week for it. I finally got my Brooklyn Public Library card recently and feel like a kid again!
5. Much to my horror, Prince took all his albums off Spotify recently. I was devastated. I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't because...well...he's Prince. Then he just released this single "Stare" for Spotify and I hate him much less now. It's the perfect epitome of a funky Prince track for summer. Also, his Spotify Jedi mind tricks worked because I'm about to buy his album Art Official Age on vinyl. You win, Prince, you win.
Hope everyone has a splendid, sweltering, summery weekend!