[zephyr_dropcaps style="withbg" firstcolor="#333333" bgcolor=""]Wow...it's almost March. I actually love March because it's the time of year when my gym finally empties out of all the over zealous new members from New Years. Yay...open treadmills again so I don't have to risk falling while running outside on this frozen tundra called Bushwick. Anyhow this got me to thinking about my New Years resolutions which I did kind of backwards for 2015. After half a bottle of wine on NYE, I thought it would be a better idea to make "non-resolutions" or things I'm trying not to do for a change. Sounds like negative thinking you say? Actually it kind of takes the edge off the rigid normal resolutions for me and they're easier for me to work on. I've posted them below in no particular order and fixed my booze-induced spelling errors. It's basically a drunken letter to my future self;)
1. Don't eat food that makes you feel like shit anymore. (You know what that is for you personally whether it's cutting out the Mickey D's, gluten or going full on vegan.)
2. Don't waste too much time watching TV.
3. Don't waste too much time worrying about other people's business. (Social media breaks and limits have helped me with this immensely.)
4. Don't waste money on things that are crappy quality & won't last. (AKA don't even walk into Forever 21. Just. Don't.)
5. Don't take jobs/gigs that are horseshit. (Ok when I'm tipsy "horseshit" seems to be one of my fav words but seriously...your gut will tell you on this one. That booker at that one venue that walks all over you, that place you interviewed at that is "eh" but something just isn't right....etc.)
6. Don't let more than a few days pass without working out.
7. Don't go too long without cooking your own meals.
8. Don't be intimated by stuff you know you want to do. Just start. (AKA Nike's "Just Do It")
9. Don't get hung up on or stressed by stuff that really doesn't matter. You know what that is for you.
10. Don't be afraid to turn off your phone every once in awhile. (It will be OK. I promise!)
pic via Kaboompics